Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another way to reduce what is on your home:

I went out to get the mail the other day, and.....nothing. At first I thought for some reason the mail did not come that day. But I saw that both my neighbors had mail, so what gives? Then it hit me-all that effort to call catalogs and other such sinners of blast mailings to get off of their lists-had paid off! I really only get the local coupon flyer, which I can not figure out how to get off of, and, well, bills. And sometimes a check from a client:) There are great sites like www.catalogchoice.com that have all the tools you need to get your name off of everyone's list. It does require a bit of effort on your part up front, and to be honest, you have to get back on it every now and then. But think of all that paper that did not have to get printed, sorted, mailed to your home, only to go straight into the recycle bin. And don't fool yourself; just because you recycled it, does not mean energy of all variety was not spent to produce and deliver that "junk" to your home! So, make a a little promise to yourself to finally get off of everyone's mailing list and one day you will run to the mailbox and rejoice at finding NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment