Monday, July 25, 2011

week two, tossing things while others consume through "extreme couponing"

I know many of you have heard of the recent craze to extreme coupon, saving hundreds of dollars each week on groceries, getting thousands of rolls of toilet paper for free etc.....I just have found that so funny to witness as I work to SHED my stuff. Don't get me wrong, I think being price savvy is great, we could all do it a bit more.  But what strikes me as odd, is the COMPULSION to purchase in order to save. Seems a bit odd, right? Stockpiling things that you got for cheap. It just seems like a new name is being given to our culture's need to consume. Anyway, I think I will just stick to getting rid of things for now and leave the coupon clipping to the new experts....

No comments:

Post a Comment