Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Christmas Dilemma

This year my son turns four-in a few days-which means his birthday and Christmas are just two weeks apart. I have been trying to figure out how to keep the volume of gifts down but still make the days special. What I have come up with for his birthday is one gift from me, one from the grandparents and one from the cousins and a party with friends with no presents for his birthday. Christmas is the same plus a stocking. Just wondering if any of you have an idea that seems better? Finding the balance of making the holidays fun and exciting while also teaching your child to appreciate less "stuff" is such a challenge in this commercial economy and culture!

1 comment:

  1. I always like to focus on the gift of experiences - tickets to a fun place like fairyland or the zoo. Works for adults too! Plus it makes the celebration last longer.

    ReplyDelete