Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a green way to buy electronics

After many years of deferring what I knew had to happen someday, I broke down and bought my first Mac computer today! While I have been excited about making the conversion from a PC and having all of the advantages a Mac offers to those in my industry, I was struggeling with the whole concept of buying a new electronic and all of the negative environmental impacts that can have. My PC works just fine, is paid for and is suitable for most of my needs. How could I justify getting a new computer when what I had basically worked? I did a little research, looked into the capabilities of Macs some more and finally decided on a plan. I bought a USED computer! Ok, they like to say REFURBISHED, same thing though. I saved about $300 off the price of a new one, did not add to the massive junk pile in the land fills of the world and got a one year warranty for free! So, the next time you are thinking of a new cel phone, computer, printer or pretty much ANY electronic device, consider the alternative choice to new and go refurbished-I sure am glad I did. Now I just have to wait two more days for my cool Mac laptop to arrive! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment